Collicutt Energy Services Corp. is seeking a full time ASTTBC Certified Generator Service Technician with experience repairing and maintaining commercial diesel and natural gas power generation equipment. This position will be based out of our new Coquitlam location and service our BC market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Commissioning new generators and transfer switches in the field.
• Repairs and maintenance on marine, residential and commercial diesel and natural gas generators
• Routine servicing and maintenance of all diesel and natural gas engines
• Troubleshoot equipment failures
• Perform load bank testing
• Prepare reports and maintain records on equipment and preventative maintenance
The position requires:
• Must be ASTTBC certified and in possession of a valid Fire Protection Technician's Stamp in Generator Systems (GS).
• Journey person electrician or certified heavy duty mechanic with a strong mechanical and electrical background.
• Above average troubleshooting and problem solving skills with engines, generators and/or control systems.
• Knowledgeable and comfortable in a computer based diagnostic environment.
• Experienced in generator, automatic transfer switch and switchgear commissioning as well as generator preventative maintenance.
• Willingness to travel throughout BC, engage in working overtime hours, being on-call and traveling throughout North America as requested for training and work.
• Ability to work with limited supervision, access technical support electronically and resolve technical issues independently is required.
• Strong communication and customer relationship building skills.
• Able to pass drug/alcohol and medical/physical pre-employment testing as it applies to a safety sensitive position.
• Valid driver's license and a clean drivers abstract with no criminal code convictions.
The potential for success with our expanding, progressive, privately owned business is unlimited. We recognize our team members as individuals, and consider mutual RESPECT to be the key to building a cohesive, productive Team.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including: highly competitive industry wages, group benefits, RRSP matching, PPE allotment, referral bonus, course reimbursement, bereavement benefits, and access to world class medical specialists through our unique Best Doctor's program.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity that offers endless learning opportunities, a safety first philosophy, mutual commitment, fun, and community involvement, then don't wait any longer! Come be part of our FAMILY.
Please submit your resume in confidence, along with your salary expectation, and availability date by e-mail or fax to our Red Deer office .